+43 1 58801 184831
last edited: 08.03.2021
Philipp is currently a university assistant and PhD student at the Distributed Systems Group of the Institute of Information Systems Engineering. He finished his bachelor degree in Software Engineering from TU Wien in 2018 and afterwards worked during his master studies as a project assistant in the CPS/IoT Ecosystem project. After receiving his master’s degree in Software Engineering & Internet Computing, he joined the Distributed Systems Group to pursue a PhD study and research in the field of Edge Computing.
- Edge Intelligence
- Edge Computing
- Serverless Edge Computing
- Operations for AI
|184.167||Distributed Systems||UE, 3.0 ECTS|
|184.153||Distributed Systems Engineering||VU, 3.0 ECTS|
|184.260||Distributed Systems Technologies||VU, 6.0 ECTS|
|194.058||Project in Computer Science 1||PR, 6.0 ECTS|
|194.059||Project in Computer Science 2||PR, 6.0 ECTS|
Thesis & Project Supervision
If you are interested in a topic that fits my research interests, I can (co-)advise your bachelor or master theses.
|The CPS/IoT Ecosystem is a collaborative effort between TU Wien, AIT, IST, and TTTech, to evaluate state-of-the art cyber-physical system and Internet of Things technologies, and build a unified CPS/IoT ecosystem for industrial and educational applications.|
- Raith, P., Rausch, T., Dustdar, S., Rossi, F., Cardellini, V., & Ranjan, R. (2022). Mobility-Aware Serverless Function Adaptations Across the Edge-Cloud Continuum. In 2022 IEEE/ACM 15th International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC) (pp. 123–132). https://doi.org/10.1109/UCC56403.2022.00023 [Preprint]
- Raith, P., Rausch, T., Prüller, P., Furutanpey, A., & Dustdar, S. (2022). An End-to-End Framework for Benchmarking Edge-Cloud Cluster Management Techniques. In 2022 IEEE International Conference on Cloud Engineering (IC2E) (pp. 22–28). IEEE.
- Pujol Vı́ctor Casamayor, Raith, P., & Dustdar, S. (2021). Towards a new paradigm for managing computing continuum applications. In 2021 IEEE Third International Conference on Cognitive Machine Intelligence (CogMI) (pp. 180–188). IEEE.
- Raith, P., & Dustdar, S. (2021). Edge Intelligence as a Service. In 2021 IEEE International Conference on Services Computing (SCC) (pp. 252–262). IEEE.
- Rausch, T., Lachner, C., Frangoudis, P. A., Raith, P., & Dustdar, S. (2020). Synthesizing plausible infrastructure configurations for evaluating edge computing systems. In 3rd USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Edge Computing (HotEdge 20).
- Rausch, T., Raith, P., Pillai, P., & Dustdar, S. (2019). A system for operating energy-aware cloudlets. In Proceedings of the 4th ACM/IEEE Symposium on Edge Computing (pp. 307–309).
Philipp Raith, “Container Scheduling on Heterogeneous Clusters using Machine Learning-based Workload Characterization, Diploma Thesis, TU Wien, 2021.
Philipp Raith, “Performance Evaluation of Java IO Models”, Bachelor Thesis, TU Wien, 2018.
Awards and Honors
🏅 UCC 2022 best paper award for “Mobility-Aware Serverless Function Adaptations Across the Edge-Cloud Continuum”
Shortlisted for the “Distinguished Young Alumnus” award at the TU Wien Faculty of Informatics
🏅 Winner of a 2020 Netidee grant
🏅 SEC 2019 best demo award for “A system for operating energy-aware cloudlets”
I have been official reviewer for