+43 1 58801 184831
last edited: 08.03.2021
Philipp is currently a university assistant and PhD student at the Distributed Systems Group of the Institute of Information Systems Engineering. He finished his bachelor degree in Software Engineering from TU Wien in 2018 and afterwards worked during his master studies as a project assistant in the CPS/IoT Ecosystem project. After receiving his master’s degree in Software Engineering & Internet Computing, he joined the Distributed Systems Group to pursue a PhD study and research in the field of Edge Computing.
- Edge Intelligence
- Edge Computing
- Serverless Edge Computing
- Operations for AI
|184.167||Distributed Systems||UE, 3.0 ECTS|
|184.153||Distributed Systems Engineering||VU, 3.0 ECTS|
|184.260||Distributed Systems Technologies||VU, 6.0 ECTS|
Thesis & Project Supervision
If you are interested in a topic that fits my research interests, I can (co-)advise your bachelor or master theses.
|The CPS/IoT Ecosystem is a collaborative effort between TU Wien, AIT, IST, and TTTech, to evaluate state-of-the art cyber-physical system and Internet of Things technologies, and build a unified CPS/IoT ecosystem for industrial and educational applications.|
- Pujol V., Raith P., Dustdar S. (2021). Towards a new paradigm for managing computing continuum applications. IEEE Third International Conference on Cognitive Machine Intelligence (CogMI 2021), December 13-15, 2021, (Atlanta, GA, USA) online because of COVID-19.
- Raith P., Dustdar S. (2021). Edge Intelligence as a Service. IEEE International Conference on Services Computing (SCC 2021), September 5-11, 2021, (Chicago, IL, USA) online because of COVID-19.
- Rausch, T., Lachner, C., Frangoudis, P. A., Raith, P., & Dustdar, S. (2020). Synthesizing Plausible Infrastructure Configurations for Evaluating Edge Computing Systems. In 3rd USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Edge Computing (HotEdge 20). [Preprint]
- Rausch, T., Raith, P., Pillai, P., & Dustdar, S. (2019). Demo: A System for Operating Energy-Aware Cloudlets. In 2019 IEEE/ACM Symposium on Edge Computing (SEC’19). IEEE. [Preprint] [Poster]
Philipp Raith, “Container Scheduling on Heterogeneous Clusters using Machine Learning-based Workload Characterization, Diploma Thesis, TU Wien, 2021.
Philipp Raith, “Performance Evaluation of Java IO Models”, Bachelor Thesis, TU Wien, 2018.
Awards and Honors
Winner of a 2020 Netidee grant
SEC 2019 best demo award for “A system for operating energy-aware cloudlets”
I have been official reviewer for